Fix a Leak Contest 2017
Household leaks can waste more than 1 trillion gallons annually nationwide. That's equal to the annual household water use of more than 11 million homes! Make sure your home is part of the solution, not the problem, by participating in Fix a Leak Week!
Chino Basin Water Conservation District is challenging residents in the Inland Empire area to fix their leaks and enter our social media photograph contest by sending us a picture of the leak they fixed. One winner will be chosen to receive a beautiful succulent container garden.
Learn more about how to detect and fix leaks on the EPA’s website here.
· Photo contest begins at 12:00 am March 20, 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm on March 26, 2017. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
· Participants must be age 18 or older at the time of entry
· Particpants must live within CBWCD’s service area. Check the map to find out if you’re eligible- http://www.cbwcd.org/130/Service-Area
· The photo must be taken and posted within the entry period and can not be a repeat entry or old photo.
How to Enter
1. Follow us on any social media platform such as Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (@CBWCD)
2. Go on a hunt for leaks around your house. Detect and fix your leak
3. Take a photo showing off your water saving hard work. For example, the photo could show the leak and your tools, or you on the hunt for leaks, checking your water meter, or repairing the leak, etc. Please do not include images that contain obscene, explicit, violent or inappropriate content. They will be deleted and disqualified.
4. Post your photo with the hashtags #fixaleak #cbwcd
5. By posting your photo with the above hashtags you grant permission to the rights of your image without payment or any other consideration. You understand your image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein your likeness appear. Entires may be used via the Internet or in the public educational setting to promote water conservation.
· The winner will be announced Monday March 27th.
· Winners must pick up prize at our district offices within 10 days or the prize will be forfeited.
Lindsey McConnell, Community Programs Educator,
Chino Basin Water Conservation District
4594 San Bernardino Street
Montclair, CA 91763