Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
January 23, 2020, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Attendance at this class is required before participants can sign up for the Residential Landscape Design Assistance program. Converting your yard to a vibrant and low water landscape can seem intimidating, but we are here to help. In this two hour workshop learn:
- why a waterwise landscape can do more for you than your old yard ever did
- basics of creating a plan and resources to help, including our no cost landscape design assistance program (within service area)
- how to apply for eligible rebates for landscape transformation and other rebate and installation programs
- basics of turf removal and project preparation
- basics of understanding what changes may be needed to your irrigation system
- advice on project planning and the best times of year to remove lawn and plant
- advice on choosing and hiring a contractor
- other sources of information to help you on your next steps
January 25, 2020, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Gardens using California native plants can be gorgeous, easy to maintain, full of color and habitat for birds and pollinators, and often only require water once a month once established. Come learn why native gardens are a great choice and the basics of designing your own.
Gardening with native plants does not mean you have to grow only native plants. If your curious, come check it out, you might fall in love with a new and rewarding approach to gardening!
We will cover:
-What to love about California native Plants
-A visual tour of local California native home gardens
-How to design your own California native garden
-Planting design basics using natives
-Public gardens to visit to see native plants in person
-Where to buy California native plants