Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
November 17, 2018, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Did you know that fall and winter are the easiest seasons to grow vegetables in our region? Our southern California climate, along with this workshop will assist you in becoming a master of fall and winter vegetable gardening.
Success is at your fingertips! This workshop will detail the following practical topics:
• Selecting the best fall and winter season vegetables to grow in our area
• Selecting the best and easiest to grow bare-root fruit trees for our area
• Planting techniques for vegetables and fruit trees
• Identifying and treating pests
• Understanding garden soil and selecting the most appropriate amendments and fertilizers
• Efficient irrigation for edibles