August 20, 2022
Waterwise Community Center
4594 San Bernardino St
Montclair, CA 91763
Watering Your Landscape During Drought - In Person Workshop
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Learn how to get the very most out of your irrigation system and watering practices to keep your landscape as healthy as possible while meeting local watering regulations
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- How to create a proper irrigation schedule for your landscape areas, including how often and how long to water for your specific sprinkler or drip irrigation system.
- The factors that go into creating your custom irrigation schedule including how to test your irrigation system’s “precipitation rate,” the different water demands of different types of plants, and why all that matters.
- How to adjust your “ideal” schedule to conform to your current local drought restrictions and keep your plants or lawn as healthy as possible during hard times.
- How to adjust your irrigation controller (timer) to the schedule you would like it to run.
- How to appropriately hand-water with a hose to best benefit your plants while using water efficiently.
- How to keep existing trees and shrubs healthy if you decide to stop watering your lawn or remove it to plant a waterwise garden.
- The basics of how to check for leaks or other issues with your spray or drip system.
- Other local programs, rebates, and resources to help you with outdoor water efficiency or begin to plan a waterwise garden.
Follow the link to register