Installation and Establishment of California Native and Waterwise Gardens
Date and Time
Choosing great plants and a great design are important, but that is only part of what you need to succeed with a landscape renovation.
Equally important is preparing your site, installing everything properly, and caring for your plants correctly during the critical “establishment” period. Join us for this workshop and learn how to set yourself up for success!
In this workshop we will cover:
- The steps to install a new landscape, and the order in which to take them on
- Preparing your site
- Basics of construction for simple paths and patios
- Irrigation installation, as it relates to project installation (for more details on irrigation systems, attend our other irrigation-focused workshops)
- Basics of “grading” (digging and moving soil) to capture water in features like dry stream beds (for more details, attend our “Rainwater Harvesting for Home Landscapes” workshop)
- Plant layout and installation
- Cleanup, mulching, and final installation details
- Garden “establishment”: how to care for and water plantings in their critical first years to transition them into their new homes and set them up to thrive.
Waterwise Community Center
4594 San Bernardino Street
Montclair, CA 91763
GET IN TOUCH
Have a Question About This Event?
Be In The Know
Sign Up For Our Monthly Newsletter
We will never share your information with another party or use it to send spam.